Monday 1 June 2015

May Favourites: Makeup, skincare, stationery and more!




So I realise that I haven't actually done a favourites in a whole year and I actually really love this month's favourites so I wanted to share them! Maybe I should try and do this monthly? Who knows?

First up is Clinique's Even Better foundation in the shade Alabaster. I've been wearing this foundation every single day for the past 2months and I'm in love! This is definitely my winter shade though and now I've started tanning in time for summer it's a little light for me so I'll definitely be purchasing a darker shade! It's a long wearing natural finish foundation and even with my oily skin lasts all day long. You can find it here for £24.50.  


I've been loving wearing this with the Clinique Superprimer for redness which you can find here for £20.



This looks a little scary when you first squeeze it out of the tube as it really does have a yellow tint but I can assure you it does end up clear once you've rubbed this in! This is a silicone based primer which I know is controversial but I personally love and I find this really smooths out my pores and minimises the redness I have around my nose.

Next up is everybody's favourite cleanser Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser. I love this for taking off my makeup and I recently got a travel size in my may Birchbox so I'm saving that for my holidays! I love this purely as a makeup remover as it gets everything off even waterproof mascara, but I do still need a second cleanse after. You can find this here for £15.50.

I've also been loving the Got 2b Oil-icious tame and shine styling oil this month as my hair's been getting a bit frizzy and unruly. This just helped my lock the shine back into the ends of my hair and I love using this after I've curled my hair to define the curls. It's only £4.19 here and I've had this bottle at least a year and I'm only half way through, you literally need the tiniest amount.
(apologies for the rubbish quality)

Marbling really impressed me this month with their new Lash Sensational mascara I'm actually a massive fan of their mascara's especially The Falsies, but this one is just amazing! The brush is a spoon shaped plastic brush with tiny bristles on one side and longer on the other which allows the brush to coat everyone of your lashes. I love how defining this mascara is for an everyday look but the more you apply the more volumising it gets without being too clumpy! You can get this here for £7.99.

I really struggled to capture the beauty of this lipstick in it's true form the weather here has been awful for taking pictures today. But this is definitely my most worn lip colour of the month Rimmel's Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick in 107 which you can find here for £5.49. It's just the most beautiful matte non-drying plum/berry shade and I love it! I'll be sure to capture it in a face of the day soon!

Swatched on the left is also my £1 steal of the month! MUA's white eyeliner pencil which you can find here. This is just super pigmented for only £1 and I love using this in the waterline. Plus it comes with a sharpener on the cap!


Finally, I thought I'd add some non-beauty favourites at the end. I purchased these super cute notebooks from Home sense for £2.50 each a few weeks ago and I just loved the patterns and how they're like school exercise books. I managed to find the brand online here and they have some many cute stationery item's from diaries, notebooks and folder's.

I thought I'd also share with you my favourite Youtuber of the month and this month it definitely has to be TheSacconeJoly's. I absolutely adore their little family and I get so excited at 6pm when I see their daily vlog has been uploaded! I'm obsessed with the cuteness! You can check them out here.

Now, finally a music favourite of the month has to be Hozier I am in love with Take me to church and his new song Someone new.

Comment below your favourite's for the month and thank you so much for reading!

Lauren  x

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and I own and have purchased all of these products with my own hard earned money. No companies have sponsored this post and I am not affiliated with any brands mentioned.

2 comments:

  1. Love these favourites and I'm a huge fan of the Clinique blemish foundation it's incredible xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete